Presented by the New York State Bar Association, International Section
Spotlight on JAMS International speaker: Lorraine Brennan and Dina Jansenson, Esq.
January 29, 2013 | 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. EST
Parties to international commercial disputes are increasingly turning to mediation as an efficient and cost-effective means of resolving their differences. This panel, which will provide multiple perspectives on the mediation process, will discuss the pros and cons of mediation in an international context and provide tools and strategies for maximizing your next international commercial mediation.
The following will be the panel members:
- Lorraine Brennan, Managing Director of JAMS International. Prior to joining JAMS International, Ms. Brennan was the Senior Vice President, Programs and International, at the CPR Institute in New York; before that she was a partner in the New York office of Kilpatrick Stockton, LLP; and from 1999 to 2006 Ms. Brennan served as Director of Arbitration and ADR, North America for the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Paris. Ms. Brennan will moderate the program as well as give an institutional perspective.
- Dina Jansenson, a senior mediator and arbitrator at JAMS. Ms. Jansenson has over twenty-five years of experience resolving complex domestic and international disputes, and has taught mediation and negotiation for corporations, universities, and organizations in the US and abroad, in countries including Spain, Italy, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Colombia, and Israel. Ms. Jansenson will provide the neutral’s perspective on mediating cross-border disputes.
- Stephen E. Smith, who was the Vice President and General Counsel of Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company from 1995 to 2011, and is now a member of the firm of Sherman & Howard, LLC, in Denver, Colorado. Mr. Smith has been involved in numerous major cross border disputes and will present the perspective of the “Client” on the panel.
- Catherine Amirfar, a litigation partner based in New York in Debevoise & Plimpton LLP’s International Dispute Resolution Group. Ms. Amirfar’s practice focuses on international commercial and treaty arbitration, and international and complex commercial litigation. Ms. Amirfar will present the perspective of the "Advocate."
January 29, 2013
452 Fifth Avenue
New York City, NY
CLE: 1.5 credits
Bring your own lunch. Refreshments will be provided.
- Family Law
- International & Cross-Border