Collie E. Norman, Esq. is a JAMS DENVER neutral. JAMS Denver is a licensee office. Policies and procedures may differ between JAMS, Inc., and JAMS Denver. Please visit https://jamsdenver.com/ or contact Lisa Gaige at email@example.com or 303-534-1254 for information related to JAMS Denver.
Collie E. Norman, Esq. has practiced as a trial attorney and dispute resolution professional in Colorado for over 30 years. He has extensive experience in the areas of professional liability, personal injury, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, insurance coverage, healthcare, aviation, commercial and business litigation, real estate, and construction. Mr. Norman was managing attorney of a medium sized law firm for over 15 years and owned and managed a private dispute resolution company for over 10 years. He has extensive trial experience and has practiced in front of numerous juries, appellate courts, and regulatory agencies.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- As a trial lawyer, Mr. Norman tried jury trials in numerous complex cases in state courts, and participated in the mediation and arbitration of a far greater number.
- Mr. Norman practiced appellate law before the Colorado Court of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court, and the 10th Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Mr. Norman established, owned, and managed a private dispute resolution company for over 10 years, conducting hundreds of mediations and arbitrations.
- As Interim Program Director of the Office of Dispute Resolution for the Colorado Judicial Branch, Mr. Norman reviewed, evaluated, and recommended future measures for the state’s dispute resolution program.
- Mr. Norman has lectured and conducted seminars on dispute resolution to community, business, and professional groups, as well as to lawyers and judges in their continuing education programs.
Honors, Memberships, and Professional Activities
- Member, American, Colorado, and Denver Bar Associations
- Member, Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- Member, Association for Conflict Resolution
- Member, American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution
- Member, Colorado Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section
- Former Member American Trial Lawyers Association, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Defense Research Institute, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, Colorado Council of Mediators and Mediation Organizations
- Served as part-time instructor in dispute resolution at the University of Denver Sturm School of Law and the University of Denver University College
Background and Education
- Law clerk to Judge Charles D. Pierce, Colorado State Court of Appeals
- Shareholder and Managing Attorney, Johnson, Ruddy, Norman & McConaty
- President, Consensus Builders, Inc.
- Certificate in Healthcare Dispute Resolution, Harvard School of Public Health
- Certificate of Special Studies in Alternative Dispute Resolution, University of Denver University College
- Licensed Commercial Pilot
- J.D., The American University, Washington College of Law
- M.A., in Middle East Studies, University of Utah
- B.S., United States Air Force Academy
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More