Setting the Industry Standard: Virtual Mediation and Arbitration
Virtual ADR became an essential service in 2020—and JAMS was ready. As a leading provider with four decades of experience handling in-person, remote and hybrid hearings, we were able to seamlessly transition to an online environment. Even as in-person sessions resume, JAMS is setting the industry standard in virtual dispute resolution.
“The virtual mediation process was excellent.”
— In-house insurer counsel for the defendant
“Our remote hearing went perfectly smoothly.”
— Plaintiff’s counsel
“Your tech group was great.”
— Estate and trust practitioner
Comprehensive preparation and on-demand tech support from our “virtual front desk:”
- Your remote case management team includes a JAMS Virtual Moderator who greets each party, places them into the appropriate virtual room and remains available to provide tech support.
- Your JAMS Virtual Moderator can assist you with pre-hearing demos and practice runs to facilitate a seamless virtual hearing.
- Assistance is also available during hearings, including after hours, from our Virtual Tech Support Hotline.
- JAMS Access, our online case management platform, offers 24/7 access to case files and secure document sharing.
- JAMS Resolution Centers feature updated videoconferencing technology to facilitate hybrid hearings.
- JAMS is “tech agnostic” — we can accommodate and provide tech support for a wide range of virtual platforms, including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, and more.
- Have additional questions? Connect with us directly or visit our Virtual ADR FAQ.
"The neutral effectively worked not just on settling the claims but also on making the parties feel comfortable.”
— Construction defect litigator
Experienced neutrals who are adept at navigating an online environment:
- Our mediators and arbitrators have decades of experience managing and resolving complex, high-stakes, sensitive cases and are accomplished at overcoming barriers of all kinds, including the challenges inherent in virtual hearings. Clients across the U.S. continue to rank JAMS as the Top Online ADR Provider.
- JAMS neutrals hone their virtual skills at the JAMS Institute, our innovative in-house training department that provides exclusive, continuing education on the latest case law, technology and best practices in ADR.
Disclaimer / Notice:
JAMS is providing parties with top-quality Alternative Dispute Resolution Services when in-person proceedings are not possible. Neutrals are available to conduct mediations, arbitrations and other matters via Zoom, EndisputeTM, conference calls and any other platform agreed to by the parties.
Zoom has become a particularly popular platform for JAMS clients. While JAMS is not able to control Zoom security policies and procedures, JAMS neutrals and associates have been trained to make best use of the security protocols provided by the Zoom platform. Parties to matters at JAMS have reported good results using the Zoom platform because of its ease of use and the fact that it is cost-free to them.
For questions or concerns related to the security or privacy of any platform, please visit the website for that particular platform.
Virtual ADR Resources
- JAMS Videoconferencing Guide (PDF) ›
- Videoconferencing Tips & Techniques ›
- Virtual ADR & Security FAQ ›
- Virtual Arbitration FAQs ›
- HIPAA Compliance (PDF) ›
Local Solutions. Global Reach. TM
JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized, in-person, virtual and hybrid dispute resolution services through a combination of first class client service, the latest technology, top-notch facilities, and highly trained mediators and arbitrators.