Alexander S. Polsky, FCIArb/HKIACrb is a pioneer with 25 years experience in the field of alternative dispute resolution. An AV-rated trial lawyer who began practicing in 1977, Mr. Polsky left litigation in 1991 and refocused his practice solely on ADR at a time when few attorney specialists were working in the field.
Mr. Polsky’s practice spans disciplines and countries, as he conducts mediations, arbitrations, reference trials and training programs worldwide. He has presided over the resolution of thousands of disputes and is well known for his ability to calm highly emotional parties and to simplify complex disputes. Mr. Polsky has mediated and arbitrated state and federal matters throughout the U.S. at both the trial court and appellate levels. He has also helped resolve international disputes through ICC, JAMS International, AAA and the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC).
Mr. Polsky has received nearly every independent award for excellence in the field of ADR. He has been recognized year after year as a top arbitrator and mediator by the Los Angeles Daily Journal, Super Lawyers and ALM Best Lawyers. Martindale Hubbell has given him an AV rating and he is among Lawdragon’s top 1,000 Lawyers in America. Mr. Polsky teaches negotiation and mediation at USC’s Gould School of Law. He also provides negotiation training to law firms, bar associations and corporations worldwide.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Has participated in the resolution of thousands of disputes nationwide
- 25 years ADR experience
- Multi-disciplinary ADR practice includes:
- Appellate dispute resolution
- Construction defect, accident, and E&O
- Environmental exposure and remediation
- Franchise disputes and class actions
- Government liability/code enforcement
- High value domestic relations and child custody
- Insurance coverage, E&O, and bad faith
- International arbitration
- Labor/employment: management disputes, fact-finding, sexual harassment
- Land use/condemnation
- Medical negligence & devices (neutral & party arbitrator)
- Product liability
- Real estate-transactional and E&O (licensed real estate broker)
- Serious injury and wrongful death
- Complex case management experience includes serving as a discovery referee in complex litigation. Mr. Polsky designs and implements discovery plans with the goal of cost efficient analysis and early resolution.
- Served as Judge Pro Tem in a number of judicial centers
- Practiced civil litigation and served as a prosecutor
- Licensed California Real Estate Broker