Avoiding Pitfalls when Mediating and Arbitrating Family Law Matters
December 4, 2014 | 9:00 – 10:30 AM
Sponsored by: King County Bar Association
Spotlight on JAMS Panelists: Hon. Paula Casey (Ret.) and Hon. Eric B. Watness (Ret.)
- Best take advantage of resolution through private mediation and arbitration
- Streamline the process for efficient and effective sessions
- How to prepare clients for the mediation process.
- What documents and information is critical to have available during mediation.
- How to deal with emotional and family dynamics.
- Special considerations when children are involved.
- How to get past impasse.
- Planning for closure and a durable final agreement.
- Pros and cons of various formats for presenting family law matters to an arbitrator, i.e., on the papers, argument from lawyers only, in-person hearing with testimony.
- How to present your issues and organize your documents to assist the arbitrator.
King County Bar Association Conference Room
1200 Fifth Avenue, Suite 700
Seattle, WA 98101
or WebcastFor further details and to register, please visit the KCBA events page.