Maria C. Walsh, Esq.
has experience as an administrative judge, litigator, corporate executive, and non-profit volunteer that provides a breadth of perspective that contributes to her successful resolution of complex disputes. Since joining JAMS in 2000, Ms. Walsh has successfully resolved commercial, construction, employment, financial services, intellectual property, insurance, real estate, property damage, franchise, personal injury, malpractice, and tort disputes. She is a member of the Massachusetts Trial Court panel of Masters, Receivers, and Arbitrators.
- Commercial: stock valuation, fiduciary duty claims, dissolution of close corporations, freeze outs of minority shareholders, diversion of business opportunities, interference with advantageous relations, contract claims, pricing disputes, derivative stockholder actions, consumer class actions, purchase/sale of business negotiations
- Construction: design and build defects, contract breach, insurance coverage, change order disputes
- Employment: discrimination based on age, gender, race, disability, national origin, religion, sexual harassment, employment contract claims, civil rights claims, non-compete agreements, trade secret and proprietary information obligations, severance claims, stock option issues, health and other benefits, class wage claims, whistle-blowing, conversion of corporate opportunity, FMLA, equal protection claims, pension disputes, labor-management disputes
- Franchise: breach of contract, territory, add point, audit disputes, predatory practices
- Insurance: disputes between primary and excess carriers, reinsurance claims, unfair settlement practice claims, environmental claims, coverage disputes, liens
- Intellectual Property: trade secrets, trademark, copyright, licensing and distribution disputes, derivative work disputes, royalty claims
- Malpractice: legal, medical, and other professional (including accounting and other financial services)
- Personal Injury: negligence, causation, extent of disability, product liability, joint tortfeasor and third party claims, workers compensation liens, toxic tort claims (including asbestos claims)
- Property: title insurance claims, petitions to partition, landlord/tenant disputes, lease terminations, leasehold improvements, property damage claims