Available to conduct virtual/remote mediations, arbitrations and other ADR proceedings on a variety of online platforms, including Zoom.
Hon. Diane Wayne (Ret.)
, who is widely recognized for her professional competence and approachable manner, is one of California's most highly regarded neutrals, serving as a mediator, arbitrator, and discovery referee. As a mediator, Judge Wayne quickly built a reputation for successfully resolving complicated cases, often employing innovative techniques to help the parties reach an agreement.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Diverse experience in mediation, settlement conference, arbitration, court referee, evaluation and pro tem trials
- Successfully resolves complex multi-party cases and class actions, including business, employment, intellectual property, environmental, toxic tort, land use, insurance coverage and bad faith, as well as entertainment and securities matters
- Frequently chosen as a referee for her ability to solicit cooperation and provide effective case management, resulting in streamlined, focused and efficient discovery
- Developed complex litigation expertise from her tenure as Supervising Judge of the Writs and Receivers Department. She heard such diverse matters as preliminary injunctions, challenges to legislative actions, judicial review of complicated land use decisions and trade secret litigation
- Presided over thousands of settlement conferences and trials and helped implement the "Fast Track" system during twenty years of distinguished service on the Los Angeles Superior Court
- Heard several class action matters involving 1000+ aggrieved employees alleging failure to provide timely meal and rest periods, failure to pay overtime compensation and other Labor Code/Statutory Law violations
- Served as discovery referee, arbitrator and mediator in insurance coverage, including bad faith cases, earthquake coverage issues, disability insurance and business torts
- Arbitrated dispute between California Department of Fish and Games and a golf course concerning issues of environmental soundness
- Served as discovery referee for several years in major toxic tort class action involving alleged ground water pollution from toxic chemicals
- Served as discovery referee in dispute between two major computer software companies involving theft of trade secrets and unfair business competition
- Mediated numerous race and sex discrimination cases for major publicly traded companies
- Mediated and arbitrated disputes involving environmental and personal injury issues on American Indian tribal reservations