2014 CPLR Update: Learn the Cutting-Edge Decisions Every Litigator Must Know
Sponsored by: New York State Trial Lawyers Association
March 25, 2014 | 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Spotlight on JAMS Speaker: Hon. Ariel Belen (Ret.)
One of the key requirements of successfully managing a civil caseload is staying abreast of legislative changes and court decisions in the field of New York Civil Practice. This seminar will provide an in-depth review of these new developments, including practice tips and pitfall warnings that are invaluable for the civil litigator with perspectives from both the practitioner and the bench.
Topics will include:
- What you need to know about the new amendment of General Obligations Law 3-335 regarding liens of health care insurers.
- An update on how the Courts are dealing with the timing of serving an expert response and a summary judgment motion, in the aftermath of the Second Department's decision in Rivers v. Birnbaum.
- Issues surrounding the videotaping of a defendant doctor's physical exam of a plaintiff.
- Judicial error involving juror misconduct and inconsistent verdicts, mandating reversal of judgments.
- How a plaintiff's additional surgery led to dismissal of the case on the grounds of spoliation.
- And much more!
132 Nassau Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10038
For further details and registration, please visit the NYSTLA's event page.