Contact Case Manager
410 17th Street Suite 2440
Denver, CO 80202
Gary B. Blum, Esq.
410 17th Street Suite 2440
Denver, CO 80202
Gary B. Blum, Esq. is a JAMS DENVER neutral. JAMS Denver is a licensee office. Policies and procedures may differ between JAMS, Inc., and JAMS Denver. Please visit https://jamsdenver.com/ or contact Lisa Gaige at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-534-1254 for information related to JAMS Denver.
Gary B. Blum, Esq. has practiced as a litigation attorney and dispute resolution professional in Colorado for over 46 years. He has successfully mediated hundreds of cases over the past 25 years, and has extensive experience in areas including medical negligence and physician contractual relationships with hospitals and multi‑physician member groups; physicians participating in various out of hospital based healthcare provider entities; tort actions in automobile and truck accidents; and uninsured or underinsured motorist claims vis-a-vis payment by liability carriers.
Mr. Blum has experience both litigating and resolving cases that involve product liability matters including automobiles, tractors, farm implements, toxic substances, and power tools. He has mediated and arbitrated cases involving federal crop insurance matters; contract disputes involving restrictive covenants; insurance contract interpretation; trademark infringement; and professional conduct of attorneys, doctors and dentists.
Mr. Blum’s philosophy is that mediations should be taken as seriously as trials or any other form of dispute resolution, and in order to successfully mediate a matter, the parties, including the mediator, must be well prepared. There must be candid, forthright and respectful discussion concerning the elements of the dispute and a realistic resolution in light of the facts and law that applies. Mr. Blum has established a busy mediation practice where all the participants feel they have been heard and understood.
ADR Experience, Qualifications and Representative Matters
- Tort cases involving professional liability issues pertaining to physicians, attorneys, dentists, real estate agents, engineers, hydrologists, farmers/ranchers, and operators of vineyards
- Product liability matters including power tools, medical products, pharma prescription drug use, farm implements, automobile/truck accidents, tractors, and software/hardware issues
- Multi-party dispute resolution experience; three‑member arbitration panels, including being panel chair routinely, as well as serving as sole arbitrator
- Multi-party mediations involving physician healthcare providers in claims of wrongful death, serious and/or permanent injury involving various subspecialty physicians who have treated the same patient or interacted with the patient which include physician specialists in the areas of neurosurgery, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, interventional medicine, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology
- Multi-party mediations involving automobile/truck accident issues with multiple injuries and/or parties and claims relating to coverage under liability, workman's compensation policies and/or uninsured/underinsured motorist policies, matters involving nuisance, trespass and matters involving federal crop insurance.
- Multi-party mediations involving claims against attorneys and accountants and/or real estate brokers or agents
- Multi-party mediations and arbitrations involving business and contract issues including matters involving non-compete or economic harm clauses
- Multi-party mediations and arbitrations involving healthcare issues including hospitals, surgery centers, home healthcare; long-term care and issues related to credentialing and disciplinary matters including removal of privileges
- Facilitation of Professional Relationship disputes
- Hearing officer for all administrative/privileging/ licensing disputes
Honors, Memberships, and Professional Activities
- Best Lawyers in America 2003-2020 in Arbitration, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law, Healthcare Law, and Mediation
- Colorado Bar Association Don W. Sears Ethics Award 2009
- Colorado Super Lawyers 2006-2018 in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Healthcare and Administrative Law
- Colorado Supreme Court (Civil Discovery Reform Committee; Grievance Committee (past Vice Chairman); Standing Committee, Colorado Rules of Professional Conduct)
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Spring 2018 Access to Justice Award
- Member (past), American Association for Justice
- Member (past), Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Member (past), Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (Colorado Chapter, past President)
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association (including member of Dispute Resolution Panel)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association (ADR Section; Board of Governors; Ethics Committee (past Chairman); Health Law Section; Litigation Section)
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Faculty of Federal Advocates (past Board of Directors; Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee)
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals 2011-present (Charter Member of Colorado Chapter)
- Public Justice 2009 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado (Committee on Conduct, past Chair)
- University of Colorado Law School 2017 Distinguished Achievement Solo/Small Firm Practice Alumni Award
Background and Education
- Director/Shareholder/Senior Partner at S&D Law (formerly Silver & DeBoskey P.C.) 2001-2017
- Shareholder at Long & Jaudon P.C. 1978-2001
- Colorado Assistant Attorney General 1975-1978
- Colorado Deputy Public Defender 1971-1975
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School 1971
- B.S., University of Colorado 1968
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More