Mr. Cole is available to conduct virtual mediations, arbitrations and other ADR proceedings on Zoom and other online platforms.
Read the first chapter of Understanding International Arbitration (Routledge 2019) by Tony Cole and Pietro Ortolani.
Tony Cole is a globally recognized expert in international and domestic arbitration, cross-border commerce and international investment law. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb), an IMI-Certified Mediator, and a member of the New York Bar. He is on the European Parliament’s list of legal experts and was recently asked by the its Committee on Legal Affairs to provide guidance on arbitration in the European Union and Switzerland, with a view to new legislation being developed by the Parliament.
Mr. Cole has more than 10 years’ experience as an arbitrator and advocate in international and complex commercial arbitrations, and has been invited to speak on arbitration by arbitral institutions around the world. While he has worked in a range of fields, he has particular experience in commercial, transportation (aviation/maritime), construction, education and financial disputes. He has served as counsel in international commercial arbitrations at both White & Case and Gentium Law, and has twice been appointed as an appellate arbitrator.
Mr. Cole is on the list or panel of a range of leading arbitral institutions worldwide, including the Vienna International Arbitral Centre (VIAC), the Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICAC), the Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA) and the British Virgin Islands International Arbitration Centre (BVI IAC).
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Delivered decisions in numerous arbitrations and adjudications covering a range of fields
- Served as counsel in arbitrations administered by leading international institutions
- Teaches the practice of international commercial arbitration in a course certified by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Decision-maker in a range of disputes arising out of commercial and consumer transactions covering a range of fields
- Counsel and decision-maker in contract-based commercial disputes involving parties from Russia, Ukraine, Canada, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States, Turkey and other jurisdictions
- Counsel in securities-based litigations and arbitrations, including a multi-billion-dollar securities litigation arising out of the collapse of the Enron Corporation
- Counsel for both union and employer in labor and employment disputes
- Decision-maker in disputes relating to the provision of sub-university-level education in the United Kingdom
- Decision-maker in disputes relating to building construction and surveying