USC/JAMS Arbitration Institute Webinar Series: The Future of U.S.- China Commercial Dispute Resolution Presented by the University of Southern California (USC) Gould School of Law and JAMS
This webinar has been recorded and available online (complimentary access).
CLICK HERE (Password: Nj#a@8r4) to watch the webinar.
What does the future hold for U.S.-China dispute resolution? The recent past has seen a marked change in the tenor of U.S.-China relations and of China-Hong Kong relations, and the global pandemic has accelerated these changes. Some in the international business community are re-calibrating the trade-offs between cost efficiency and the risk of disruption in global supply chains. We are also witnessing a pause in investment and trade flows between the world's two greatest economies. What impact will these changes have on the arbitration and mediation of disputes between U.S. and P.R.C. parties? Will parties entering into new contracts change their dispute resolution preferences? What challenges and opportunities do these recent events and trends present to leading Asia based arbitration venues, and to companies and their counsel? Join our distinguished panel of international arbitration experts for a timely and stimulating discussion.
- Cedric Chao, Arbitrator & Mediator, Chao ADR PC – San Francisco
- Dr. Fuyong Chen, Deputy Secretary General, Beijing Arbitration Commission/Beijing International Arbitration Center (BAC/BIAC) – Beijing
- Sarah Grimmer, Secretary-General of Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre – Hong Kong
- Amb. (Ret.) David Huebner, Arbitrator & Mediator, JAMS – Los Angeles
- David W. Rivkin, Partner & Co-Chair International Dispute Resolution Group, Debevoise & Plimpton - New York
- Gary Born, Chair of International Arbitration Practice, WilmerHale - London
- Lim Seok Hui, Chief Executive Officer, Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC) – Singapore
- American Bar Association – International Law Section
- American Bar Association – Dispute Resolution Section
- Beijing Arbitration Commission/Beijing International Arbitration Center (BAC/BIAC)
- Boston International Arbitration Council
- California International Arbitration Council
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- Miami International Arbitration Society
- New York International Arbitration Center
- Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC)
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry leading speakers, and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves and manages business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways to overcome barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized dispute resolution services locally and globally through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, top-notch facilities and highly trained panelists. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and our JAMS ADR blog.