Understanding Employment Law 2021 Presented by Practising Law Institute
- The basics of employment discrimination, retaliation, and pay equity
- Harassment law and trends
- Drafting key employment documents and policies
- Wage and hour fundamentals including recent trends and issues
- Disability, leaves of absence, and accommodation law
- Key ethical considerations for employment law practitioners
Featured JAMS Speaker:Stephen P. Sonnenberg, Esq.
Workplace Leave and Accommodation Fundamentals | 2:45 - 4:00 PM (EST)
- A primer on disability discrimination
- Interplay of ADA, FMLA, and other leave laws
- Reasonable accommodation considerations and alternatives
- Remote work and accommodations
- Managing intermittent leave
- Mental health and the workplace: considerations and strategies
Allison J. Adler | Facebook
Devjani H. Mishra | Littler Mendelson P.C.
Susan Ritz | Ritz Clark & Ben-Asher LLP
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events and webinars bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry-leading speakers and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized, in-person, virtual and hybrid dispute resolution services through a combination of first class client service, the latest technology, top-notch facilities, and highly trained mediators and arbitrators. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook as well as our JAMS ADR blog.
7.5 New York CLE Credits Available (1 Ethics & Professionalism, 1 Skills, 5.5 Professional Practice)