David Geronemus, Esq.
is one of the most respected and sought after dispute resolution professionals. He has been a full-time neutral with JAMS since 1994. A former law clerk to Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart, Mr. Geronemus has taught negotiation and alternative dispute resolution on an adjunct basis at Yale and Columbia Law Schools.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Mr. Geronemus has mediated disputes involving a wide variety of subject matters including environmental, asbestos, and other insurance coverage matters, contract disputes, employment law, trade secrets, libel, directors and officers liability, products liability, construction law, franchising, legal and accounting malpractice, corporate dissolution, securities law, personal injury, unfair competition, intellectual property, partnership, and other business disputes
- His extensive mediation experience includes both two-party cases and multi-party, complex mediations
- Mediated to settlement a complex insurance coverage case arising out of the sale of certain prescription drugs; case involved approximately 18 parties
- Successfully mediated a dispute between two public companies both in Chapter 11 proceedings, involving allegations of securities fraud as well as preference claims
- Facilitated settlement of numerous employment disputes ranging from disputes under executive employment agreements to discrimination claims
- Successfully mediated class actions, including a case alleging improper charges by an HMO to its members
- Successfully mediated numerous environmental insurance coverage cases, including one case that involved over 250 sites, multiple insurers and over seven hundred million dollars in estimated investigation and remediation costs
- Mediated to settlement a number of cases involving disputes arising out of the operations of closely held and family businesses
- Mediated numerous disputes arising out of commercial and financial transactions, including a multimillion dollar dispute arising out of the sale of a portfolio of mortgage servicing rights
- Mediated several disputes involving insurance coverage for asbestos liabilities. These cases have arisen in both bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy settings. One case involved two insureds and over 30 insurers.
- Successfully mediated a dispute alleging breaches of various representations and warranties in connection with the sale of a billion-dollar portfolio of home equity loans
- Mediated a dispute between an HMO and a provider organization
- Mediation of actions by bankruptcy trustees against directors and officers of failed companies
- Successful mediation of a case involving a breach of a contract to build a website