Katherine Hope Gurun, Esq.
joined JAMS in September of 2006 as a mediator and arbitrator. Ms. Gurun was formerly Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Bechtel Corporation, one of the world’s premier engineering and construction companies. Her experience spans both private industry and public service in engineering and construction, business, energy, project finance, joint venture disputes, risk management, and nuclear disarmament. In addition to her extensive transactional background and business acumen, Ms. Gurun has led or managed the resolution of over $5 billion of disputed matters both in the United States and internationally. She has represented both owners and contractors and has an established track record of settling disputes through ADR, particularly mediation and arbitration.
- Contract disputes relating to fossil fired and nuclear power plants and related financing, equipment supply, power purchase and fuel supply agreements in the United States, Mexico, Columbia, the Philippines, the People’s Republic of China, Korea, Turkey, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, and Australia
- Contract disputes relating to oil, gas, and chemical facilities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Russia, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands, Norway, Saudi Arabia, The United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, India, Thailand, the People’s Republic of China, Australia, Algeria and elsewhere in Africa
- Contract disputes relating to mining and metals facilities in the United States, Canada, Peru, Chile, Bahrain, Oman, the United Kingdom, and Australia
- Contracts disputes relating to the telecoms industry in the U.S., the United Kingdom, Germany, and Saudi Arabia
- Contract disputes relating to civil infrastructure projects, including airports, bridges, railways, and motorways, in the United States, the United Kingdom, Turkey, and the People’s Republic of China
- Contract disputes relating to insurance coverage issues in the United States and internationally
- Contract disputes relating to Public-Private partnerships