October 15, 2014
JAMS New York Mediation Week 2014
Sponsored by: JAMS
October 15, 2014 | 6:30 - 7:30 PM, Reception to follow
Spotlight on JAMS Moderator: Hon. Ariel E. Belen, JAMS
The ABA Section of Dispute Resolution has designated the third week of October as the time to promote and celebrate peaceful conflict resolution practices worldwide.
JAMS New York is pleased to offer the following program to promote Mediation Week.
Best Practices in Employment Mediation
CLE: 1.5 Areas of Professional PracticeCredit
In this important program, a panel of employment mediation experts will provide powerful practice tools to advocates who are ready to better prepare, present and negotiate during a mediation session.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Recognizing the Unique Dynamics of Employment Mediations
- Employment Cases Ripe for Mediation – e.g., wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower, ADA matters
- How to Prepare a Case for Mediation
- The Mediation Session
- Effective Negotiation
- Using the Mediator to Your Best Advantage
- Getting Beyond Impasse
- What You Need to Consider if a Case Doesn’t Settle
- Hon. Ariel E. Belen, JAMS
- Jyotin Hamid, Esq., Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Douglas H. Wigdor, Esq., Partner, WIGDOR LLP
- Jane H. Kauh, Vice President & Senior Legal Counsel, HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.
- Karen Yau, Esq. Pro Bono EEOC Mediator
JAMS New York Resolution Center
620 Eighth Ave., 34th Floor
New York, NY 10018
RSVP: Meredith Stockman at 212.607.2760 or firstname.lastname@example.org