David S. Lee, Esq. has more than 22 years of experience mediating, arbitrating and litigating complex commercial, construction, insurance, and personal injury matters. As a mediator, he has helped resolve more than 250 cases. Mr. Lee has enjoyed an excellent reputation throughout his litigation career and has appeared numerous times before appellate and supreme courts. He is the founding member and managing shareholder of Lee, Hernandez, Landrum & Garofalo, PC, with offices in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Washington, Florida and California.
Mr. Lee is well known for his ability to evaluate likely trial outcomes and explain them in a way that is easily understandable to litigants and attorneys alike. His litigation experience and keen communication skills aid him in breaking through impasse to help parties reach a resolution.
Mr. Lee has been a featured speaker at county, state and national seminars on construction litigation and mediation. Mr. Lee has also served as a representative on multiple bar association committees aimed at improving pre-trial and trial procedures.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- 22 years litigation experience specializing in complex construction, personal injury and insurance matters
- Mediated to resolution more than 250 commercial, construction, insurance, and personal injury matters
- Frequently requested speaker on various construction-related subjects
- Mediated and resolved numerous contested title insurance disputes between insureds and insurers, as well as disputes between carriers
- Mediated large lawsuit involving disputed interests in local tourist attraction, including issues of sovereign defenses between state agency and Native American nation
- Mediated, litigated, resolved multiple contract disputes between owners and contractors, or between contractors
- Resolved multimillion-dollar business loss case involving construction delay claims at Las Vegas Strip property nightclub.
- Resolved multimillion-dollar claim involving public works construction contract for county prison facility
- Served as mediator and neutral evaluator of school district construction dispute involving scope of services and contract amount
- Construction Defect
- Litigated, mediated and resolved dozens of homeowners association (HOA) common-area claims and condominium defect disputes, including high-rise construction and large hotel claims
- Litigated, mediated and resolved hundreds of singe-family tract home defect disputes, including claims in excess of 400 homes
- Litigated, mediated and resolved several high-exposure custom home cases, with the largest claim resolving in excess of $10 million
- Resolved eight-figure construction defect claims involving large commercial and mixed-use properties, including defect and contract issues, as well as business loss economic damages
- Resolved large landslide/slope instability claim, as well as related matter over homeowner displacement and loss of value
- Resolved large lien and breach of contract claims, including analysis of statutory damages
- Mediated and arbitrated multiple first- and third-party insurance bad faith and unfair claims practices matters, as well as contribution claims between carriers
- Served as neutral evaluator and mediator of inter-carrier disputes regarding allocation of duty to defend damages
- Settled as mediator residential and commercial subrogation claims, including disputes between carriers
- Personal Injury/Torts
- Litigated, mediated and resolved multiple seven-figure auto accident, slip-and-fall, and trip-and-fall claims
- Litigated, mediated and resolved several personal injury claims, including disputes involving issues such as premises liability, construction sites, presence of dangerous conditions and negligent security, death, dismemberment and lifelong disabilities (head trauma, paraplegia, quadriplegia)
- Mediated and resolved assault, battery, or unwanted touching claims, including disputes involving massage clinics
- Mediated or litigated many product liability cases, including class actions
- Real Property
- Litigated and mediated matters involving disputed disclosures in residential real estate transactions
- Litigated, mediated and resolved several land sale transactions, including disputes with consumers