Texas Bar Card #10199300
Cecilia H. Morgan, Esq. is adept at reconciling the irreconcilable and a highly sought after neutral. Her cases are often hotly contested, multi-party matters pending in multiple courts. Known for her follow-up, one client describes her as a "tireless worker who intuitively knows when and how to apply pressure to obtain the deal." She has conducted more than 2,200 sessions of civil cases and arbitrated over 900 cases throughout Texas and 31 other states. Ms. Morgan was named one of Texas' Best Alternative Dispute Resolution Lawyers by The Best Lawyers in America in 2008 through 2017. Ms. Morgan also has over 38 years of experience as an attorney and ADR professional and is a respected member of the JAMS employment, energy, health care, and financial services practice groups.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Business/Commercial: antitrust, banking, bankruptcy including claims resolution and preferences, breach of contract, collection, contract, foreclosure, corporate, M&A, partnership/joint ventures, tax, franchisor/franchisee, business divorces, and securities (FINRA approved)
- Class action, collective actions, and consolidated suits: FLSA, Dalkon Shield, asbestos and silicosis (property and bodily injury), Black Farmers, and breast implant cases
- Consumer litigation & DTPA
- Employment litigation: ADA/ADAAA, ADEA, non-competes/trade secrets, discrimination, Title VII, whistle blower claims (including Sarbanes Oxley), ERISA, COBRA, FLSA and FMLA/USERRA, civil rights, sexual harassment, and wrongful termination
- Health Care: medical practice, managed care, Stark III, PPOs, HMOs, health systems, home health care agencies, PPACA, business transactions, physicians', nurse practitioners', and other medical staff contracts. AHLA Peer Review Officer Training.
- Hospitality, hotels and large retail
- Personal injury & property damage: auto, worker's compensation claims, medical/legal malpractice, subrogation and insurance coverage, wrongful death, multi-party serious injury, silicosis and asbestos, architectural and engineering malpractice, insurance bad faith, product liability, uninsured and underinsured motorist and premises liability
- Real estate, construction, oil & gas: condemnation, eminent domain, foreclosure, ad valorem taxation, homeowner association, purchase/sales, construction defect, mold, architecture, engineering/construction malpractice, environmental, underground storage, and contested probate and family disputes.
- Intellectual property: computer high tech disputes, copyright, trademark, and patent