Irvine, Calif. – JAMS, the largest private provider of mediation and arbitration services worldwide, is proud to announce that four of its panelists were selected as Lawyers of the Year and 42 of its panelists were recognized by Best Lawyers as 2015 Best Lawyers in America.
R. Wayne Thorpe, Esq. was named the Best Lawyers’ 2015 Atlanta Arbitration “Lawyer of the Year;” Eric E. Van Loon was named the Best Lawyers’ 2015 Boston Arbitration “Lawyer of the Year;” Richard Chernick was named the Best Lawyers’ 2015 Los Angeles Arbitration “Lawyer of the Year;” and Hon. John K. Trotter, Jr. (Ret.) was named the Best Lawyers’ 2015 Orange County Arbitration “Lawyer of the Year.”
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive, peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. The lawyers honored with “Lawyers of the Year” were selected because they received particularly high ratings from most of their peers. The lawyers have earned a high level of respect among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity. The 21th edition of The Best Lawyers in America includes 50,178 attorneys in 128 practice areas, covering all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and inclusion in this year’s publication is based on more than 4.3 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers.
We are so proud of the talented neutrals who made this list. JAMS is honored that the legal community has selected so many of our panelists for this prestigious list.
- Chris Poole, JAMS President and CEO
The following JAMS neutrals were recognized as 2015 Best Lawyers in America:
- Hon. William L. Bettinelli (Ret.)
- Hon. Stanley F. Birch, Jr. (Ret.)
- Philip L. Bruner, Esq.
- Hon. Howard S. Chasanow (Ret.)
- Richard Chernick, Esq.
- Zela G. Claiborne, Esq.
- Robert B. Davidson, Esq., FCIArb
- Bruce A. Edwards, Esq.
- Sheldon H. Elsen, Esq.
- Hon. Norman S. Fletcher (Ret.)
- David Geronemus, Esq.
- Kenneth C. Gibbs, Esq.
- Joan C. Grafstein, Esq.
- John W. Hinchey, Esq.
- F. Carlton King, Jr., Esq.
- Eleissa C. Lavelle
- Hon. Richard A. Levie (Ret.)
- James E. McGuire, Esq.
- Lawrence R. Mills, Esq.
- Cecilia H. Morgan, Esq.
- Hon. Richard C. Neal (Ret.)
- Hon. Edward A. Panelli (Ret.)
- Albert M. Pearson III, Esq.
- Lawrence W. Pollack, Esq.
- Alexander S. Polsky, Esq.
- Ronald B. Ravikoff, Esq.
- Hon. James Robertson (Ret.)
- Linda R. Singer, Esq.
- Hon. Scott Silverman (Retired Judge 11th Judicial Circuit)
- Jerry Spolter, Esq.
- Hon. Steven J. Stone (Ret.)
- Hon. Dickran M. Tevrizian (Ret.)
- R. Wayne Thorpe, Esq.
- Hon. John K. Trotter, Jr. (Ret.)
- Eric E. Van Loon, Esq.
- Hon. Curtis E. von Kann (Ret.)
- Maria C. Walsh, Esq.
- Hon. Daniel Weinstein (Ret.)
- Hon. Diane M. Welsh (Ret.)
- Hon. Rebecca Westerfield (Ret.)
- Michael D. Young, Esq.
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of mediation and arbitration services worldwide. With Resolution Centers nationwide and abroad, JAMS and its nearly 300 exclusive neutrals are responsible for resolving thousands of the world’s important cases. JAMS may be reached at 800-352-5267 or www.jamsadr.com.