March 26, 2014
Miami – JAMS is proud to announce it will be a Diamond Level sponsor of the 16th Annual American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution Spring Conference. The conference is from April 2-5 at the Hyatt Regency in Miami.
The conference will cover many aspects of mediation, arbitration and other aspects of dispute resolution and will appeal to neutrals, advocates, lawyers, teachers/scholars, court and private administrators and many others. Some of the conference sessions with JAMS neutrals include Managing Complex Cases; Mediating Physician and Hospital Business Disputes; and International Arbitration and Mediation and how it Differs from Domestic Practices. There will also be a session entitled, “How Law Firms Trends Affect ADR,” which will be moderated by Chris Poole, JAMS president and CEO.
During the Friday Awards luncheon on April 4, the JAMS Foundation will award the Sixth Annual Warren Knight Award to Mediators Beyond Borders. The award recognizes the work MBB has done with local organizations, grassroots collaborations and leaders that positively impact conflict resolution culture around the world.
JAMS speakers include:
- Mercedes Armas Bach (Retired Judge) – Women in ADR: Two Generations Speak
- Lorraine M. Brennan, Esq.
- Zela “'Zee” G. Claiborne, Esq.
- Joseph P. Farina (Retired Chief Judge 11th Judicial Circuit) – Managing the Complex Business Case in ADR
- Jeffrey Grubman, Esq. – Managing the Complex Business Case in ADR
- Marvin E. Johnson, Esq.
- Gina Miller
- Lawrence R. Mills, Esq.
- Brian Parmelee
- Chris Poole – How Law Firm Trends Affect ADR: Will the "New Normal" Impact ADR?
- Ronald Ravikoff, Esq. – Managing the Complex Business Case in ADR
- Kimberly Taylor, Esq.
About JAMS, The Resolution Experts
Founded in 1979, JAMS, The Resolution Experts is the largest private provider of mediation and arbitration services worldwide. With Resolution Centers nationwide and abroad, JAMS and its nearly 300 exclusive neutrals are responsible for resolving thousands of the world’s important cases. JAMS may be reached at 800-352-5267.