Donald R. Person, Esq.
devotes his more than 38 years of legal expertise exclusively to alternate dispute resolution. He serves in the capacity of mediator, arbitrator, and court appointed referee. Mr. Person works on cases of all types, and has substantial and well recognized expertise in real estate, construction, business, environmental, engineering and infrastructure matters. He is a mechanical engineer. He will travel to accommodate case needs.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Successfully resolves business, construction, engineering and infrastructure, real estate, professional liability, environmental, corporate, partnership, civil rights, insurance, personal injury, and other cases
- Mediated and arbitrated over 1,000 cases; has a well deserved reputation for creativity and tenacity
- Extensive experience in teaching and speaking on ADR, construction, real estate, contracts, torts, and taxes; trained Judge Pro Tems for United States Bankruptcy Court
- Arbitrated cases for the California State Contractors' License Board
- Business: Mediated and arbitrated numerous business and commercial disputes, including those involving employment, intellectual property, operations, planning, technology, profit sharing, buy-sell, and dissolution matters
- Construction: Mediated and arbitrated numerous design, defect, delay, interpretation of plans, mechanics’ lien, and other disputes on residential, commercial, industrial, and public works construction projects
- Real Estate: Mediated and arbitrated numerous purchase and sale, development, construction planning, non-disclosure, specific performance, homeowners’ association, environmental, adjoining owner, easement, and other real estate disputes