Jerry P. Roscoe, Esq. serves exclusively as a mediator and arbitrator. He is a former litigator with over 30 years of experience in the resolution of complex, multi-party matters including commercial, Health care, employment, and environmental disputes. He has chaired multimillion dollar arbitrations, mediated Supreme Court cases, and served as a United States mediator during the war in Bosnia.
- Business and Commercial: Breach of contract, government contracts, international business agreements, contract fraud, health care agreements, business or law partnership dissolutions, publishing, intellectual property disputes, insurance and reinsurance, international contract dispute regarding development of internet communications throughout the Middle East, global software dispute involving all branches of the military and the Department of Defense, employment contracts for highly compensated individuals, hotel construction disputes, and national business equipment lease agreements
- Class Actions: Certified and non-certified employment class actions, national class action regarding loan defaults, settled nationwide class action on student loan defaults, cases from the 65,000 plaintiff class of black farmers, and motor vehicle manufacturing industries
- Employment: Title VII, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA discrimination, government and private sector employment issues, matters involving highly placed corporate officers, government officials including members of the United States Senate and House of Representatives, class actions with international parties and the Panama Canal Commission, cases involving major airlines and national placement firms
- Environmental: Superfund cleanup, chemical spills, water supply and groundwater contamination, liability and cost allocation, facility siting, water contamination by the United States government resulting from World War II zinc mining operations, liability and cost allocation between state government and 63 PRPs to clean waterways flowing into the Great Lakes, mediated Superfund and CERCLA matters, leaking underground storage tanks, dioxin spill in Australia, landfill site cleanup, and siting of liquid natural gas facilities in New England
- Facilitation and Training: Served as a facilitator for many private and governmental organizations, symphony orchestras and labor management partnerships
- Government Contract and Fraud: Qui tam, False Claims Act matters involving multi-billion dollar transactions, settled civil and criminal matters brought by HHS, the Department of Justice, and the Department of Defense in the fields of Health Care Fraud, defense contracting, and contracts with both foreign and domestic governments, settled global government contract matter involving computer technology, software technology, software development, and ownership rights
- Health Care: Hospital operations, physician and staff employment issues, claims by physician associations against third party payers, Medicare and Medicaid suits by hospital associations against the United States Government, Medicare and Medicaid suits brought by United States Government against private health care providers, alleged breach of health care employment contracts, vaccine injury law suits, private party suits alleging medical negligence, credentialing complaints brought by physicians, peer review disputes including allegations of illegal drug use and sexual abuse, improper coding and insurance reimbursement, physician and medical group partnerships
- Insurance: Coverage, liability, malpractice, reinsurance, False Claims Acts, federal vaccine injury claims
- Public Policy: Federal regulations, resource allocation, local and international political conflicts, commercial aviation flight and compliance issues, local and international political conflicts between Croat and Muslim factions throughout Bosnia, case on remand from United States Supreme Court re-defining the federal regulatory definition of "coal operator", police misconduct, federal case regarding pollution by federal government activities, and liability of government for wartime injuries
- Securities: NASD complaints, cases brought by investors alleging brokerage house fraud, cases brought by broker dealers alleging employment discrimination, and broker disciplinary matters
- Tort: Catastrophic injury, aviation and maritime disputes, professional and personal negligence, medical malpractice, wrongful death, first fatality caused by Amtrak Acela, wrongful death of NASA space shuttle specialist, family death caused by inoperative smoke alarms, shooting injuries during bank robbery, decapitation of auto and motorcycle drivers, professional and personal negligence, medical malpractice, and wrongful death claims pursuant to delivery of medical care, train accidents, fatal fires, firearms, automobiles, and workplace injuries
Comments from CounselDownload
"What Counsel Say About Jerry Roscoe."