Jerry Spolter, Esq.
, a veteran mediator and recipient of numerous awards in the field of mediation, is widely recognized for his energetic, upbeat persona, and tenacity in getting parties to resolve disputes. Among Mr. Spolter's crucial strategies for successful mediations is identifying and resolving "red flags" before settlement talks even commence, as well as diligent preparation, and persistent follow up.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
Mr. Spolter has served as a neutral in more than 4,000 disputes covering a full range of issues since 1985 emphasizing business, employment, professional liability, and catastrophic personal injury. Cases have ranged in value from zero to several hundred million dollars; likewise, the number of parties range from two to more than a hundred, exclusive of class actions.
- Hawaiian retail chain’s computer defect claim against national accounting firm
- Regional Transit District's claim against manufacturer regarding defective bus fleet
- Franchisor-franchisee disputes
- Heirs' claim against trustee and counsel for misuse of trust funds
- Price disputes between California agricultural growers' and canners
- Numerous employment and wage & hour disputes, including claims brought under the Private Attorney General Act (PAGA)
- Catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death disputes including wrongful death allegations arising from airline crashes, ship collisions, construction sites and military exercises
- Municipality’s False Claims Act against long term tow and storage contractor
- Employment and product defect class actions
- Legal, accountancy, dental and medical malpractice claims
- Insurance bad faith and major subrogation claims
- Construction defect claims including school auditorium and municipality's $40 million water system defect claims