USC Gould/JAMS Arbitration Institute Webinar Series: Global Construction Dispute Resolution Update – 2020 Presented by University of Southern California (USC) Gould School of Law and JAMS
Despite the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and coinciding socio-economic upheavals, the global construction and engineering industry continues to thrive. Infrastructure, extraction and energy projects form a crucial part of the world economy. Join a panel of experts as they review the most significant dispute resolution developments in the engineering and construction industry, with perspectives from several corners of the globe, including Australia, North and South America, Europe and the wider MENA region. This year’s panel discussion will focus on the following topics:
- The impact of COVID-19 and Force Majeure claims and what will the presumed availability of a vaccine mean?
- Use of Emergency Arbitrators in construction disputes
- Corruption in the public works sector and challenges posed to dispute resolution in South America
- Court and arbitrator treatment of tiered dispute resolution clauses and carve-outs – what works and what does not?
- Update on statutory remedies and international arbitration
- Arbitration institute update – Australia’s ACICA
- New and revised standard contract forms for international projects
John Hinchey, Arbitrator & Mediator, JAMS, Atlanta, US
- Adriana Braghetta, Independent Arbitrator, Sao Paulo, BR
- James Dierking, Assistant General Counsel, Fluor – Orange County, US
- Sam Moss, Counsel, LALIVE – Geneva, CH
- Nathan O’Malley, Partner, Musick Peeler – Los Angeles, US
- Caroline Swartz-Zern, Senior Associate – Allens/ Counsel - Australian Centre for International Commerical Arbitration – Melbourne, AU
- American Bar Association – International Law Section
- American Bar Association – Dispute Resolution Section (pending final Board confirmation)
- Boston International Arbitration Council
- California International Arbitration Council
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Miami International Arbitration Society
- New York International Arbitration Center
- The Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry leading speakers, and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves and manages business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways to overcome barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized dispute resolution services locally and globally through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, top-notch facilities and highly trained panelists. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and our JAMS ADR blog.