Program Recording: LINK
Program Materials: LINK
Please join the American Bar Association International Law Section, International Mediation and International Arbitration Committees, JAMS, and the Miami International Arbitration Society, in this webinar entitled Growth and Opportunity in Latin American ADR: the arbitral process and beyond, presented in collaboration with Bogota Arbitration and Conciliation Center, Santiago Arbitration and Mediation Center and American Chamber of Commerce of Peru.
Panel I: Opportunity in the Arbitral Process.
International mediator and arbitrator Mercedes Tarrazon shares her views on the opportunities during the arbitral process based on her experience in high-profile international disputes. She will also explore the challenges for parties, arbitrators and mediators and reflect on possible solutions.
- Damali Peterman, JAMS Arbitrator and Mediator
- Mercedes Tarrazon, International Mediator and Arbitrator
Panel 2: Growth and Development of ADR services in leading centers (60 m)
International and domestic interest in leading ADR provider services in Latin America has proved to be resilient over the past 18 months. The enthusiasm for their role in strengthening the rule of law remains unabated but just as much can be attributed to creative and diverse services and programs that closely track developments in the business sector. Representatives of leading ADR centers will share recent developments and explain the advantages of domestic and international ADR proceedings.
Moderator: Rebeca E. Mosquera, Senior Associate, International Litigation and Arbitration, Akerman LLP
- Cecilia O'Neill, Dean of Law School at Universidad del Pacifico, and Member of the Court of the International Arbitration Center of the American Chamber of Commerce of Peru
- Angelica Maria Perdomo, Senior Institutional Counsel, Bogota Arbitration and Conciliation Center
- Macarena Letelier, Secretary-General of the Santiago Arbitration and Mediation Center
- Business & Commercial
- Civil Rights
- Education Law
- Employment Law
- Energy & Utilities
- Entertainment & Sports
- Higher Education & Title IX
- Intellectual Property
- International & Cross-Border
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate & Real Property