Hot Topics in Electronic Discovery 2021: What Corporate and Outside Counsel Need to Know Presented by Practising Law Institute
The demands and costs of e-discovery in litigation continue to grow. Nearly every case now involves some sort of e-discovery, and it is essential to know how to effectively and fairly handle the many issues that can arise. This program, featuring Hon. James C. Francis IV (Ret.) alongside an outstanding faculty of experienced lawyers, judges, and e-discovery professionals, will provide an inside look at the current state of e-discovery, give tips for avoiding pitfalls litigants have encountered in the years since the passage of the federal rules, and discuss important ethical issues in light of court decisions imposing discovery sanctions and outlining the duties of outside and in-house counsel. The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on e-discovery practice will also be explored.
This program is designed to provide counsel with the understanding necessary to advise clients on state, federal and international e-discovery strategic and technology issues. Attendees will take away practical strategies they can use when they are called upon to provide guidance on e-retention policies or e-discovery.
What You Will Learn:
- Updates on the latest legal developments in e-discovery
- Hear from judges, in-house counsel, outside counsel, and others facing the myriad of e-discovery issues that can arise in litigation
- Gain the perspectives of experienced e-discovery attorneys who have encountered problems similar to those your clients will likely face
- Get practical tips for conducting efficient and defensible discovery in the electronic age
- Learn why sanctions are imposed for e-discovery violations and how you can avoid similar issues
- Explore Rule 37(e) regarding the loss of electronically stored information (ESI)
- Hear how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected e-discovery practice
Featured JAMS Speaker:Search and Review: Techniques, Protocols and the Use of Neutrals in E-Discovery Practice | 2:45 - 3:45 PM EST
(IAPP Privacy credit for Privacy Professionals)
Hon. James C. Francis IV (Ret.)
Stanley M. Gibson
Maura R. Grossman
This progam will discuss:
- Update on search and review
- Benefits, drawbacks and challenges of negotiating e-discovery protocols
- Use of e-discovery neutrals and masters to resolve search, TAR and other e-discovery disputes
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events and webinars bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry-leading speakers and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized, in-person, virtual and hybrid dispute resolution services through a combination of first class client service, the latest technology, top-notch facilities, and highly trained mediators and arbitrators. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook as well as our JAMS ADR blog.