Insurers’ and Insureds’ Perspectives on Current Issues in D&O Liability & Insurance 2021 Presented by the New York City Bar Insurance Law Committee and Co-Sponsored by The Insurance Federation of New York, Inc. (IFNY)
Directors and officers of corporations face constantly increasing and evolving liability. D&Os have exposures under state law for breach of fiduciary duty in the context of mismanagement claims, while D&Os of public companies may also face liability for violations of the federal securities laws.
The risks for directors and officers are ever increasing in the changing landscape for both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors. Sexual harassment claims, cyber liability, and regulatory compliance, have presented new exposures for the corporation and its directors and officers, but have also led to important changes in the corporate boardroom. There has also been an upswing in securities class actions and derivative actions addressing mergers and acquisitions activity, including allegations of D&O impropriety. The Covid-19 pandemic has only heighten this exposure, especially in connection with corporate bankruptcies. In response, D&O and corporate liability insurance products continue to evolve to address these new and renewed exposures.Join a panel of professionals, including insurers’ representatives and insured’s’ advocates, and plaintiff and defense counsel, as they provide a balanced perspective on present and future exposures facing corporations and their D&Os, the D&O insurance marketplace, and the coverage afforded for these types of claims. In addition, the panelists will provide up to date commentary on best practices.
- Jeffrey B. Clancy | Partner, Corporate and Financial Services Department & Insurance Transactional and Regulatory Practice Group, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Raymond A. Mascia, Jr. | Shareholder, Insurance Recovery Group & COVID Task Group, Anderson Kill P.C.
- Andrew S. Nadolna, Esq. | Mediator & Arbitrator, JAMS
- Sebastian A. Alia | Deputy General Counsel, Hudson Insurance Group
- Alan Borst Jr. | Arbitrator, ARIAS-US
- Marisa DeMartini | AVP, Financial Lines Claims, ASCOT GROUP
- Elissa K. Doroff | Managing Director, Management and Prof Lines, NFP
- Andrew Harlfinger | Claims Attorney, Intact Insurance
- David Knowlton | Chairman and CEO, Cannabis Education and Research Institute
- Stephen Konigsberg | General Counsel, Tikun Olam
- Jeremy Lieberman | Managing Partner, Pomerantz LLP
- Clea P.M. Liquard | Associate, Covington
- Jennifer Odrobina | Vice-President, Sompo International
- Stephen A. Weisbrod | Founding Partner, Weisbrod Matteis & Copley PLLC
Agenda:9:00 - 9:05am | Welcome and Introduction
9:05 - 9:55am | Primer on D&O Liability Exposures and Insurance Coverages
10:00 - 10:50am | Update on U.S. Securities Litigation and Coverage Considerations
11:10am - 12:00pm | Corporate/D&O Liability for Event Driven Litigations
12:05 - 1:00 pm | Corporate/D&O Liability for Emerging Claims (Climate Change / Cannabis)
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events and webinars bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry-leading speakers and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized, in-person, virtual and hybrid dispute resolution services through a combination of first class client service, the latest technology, top-notch facilities, and highly trained mediators and arbitrators. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook as well as our JAMS ADR blog.
DATE & TIME
Friday, October 15, 2021
09:00 AM (EST)
Friday, October 15, 2021
01:00 PM (EST)
ADD TO CALENDAR »
4.0 Professional Practice New York CLE Credits; 4.1 General New Jersey Credits; 4.0 General California: Credits; 3.5 General Pennsylvania Credits; Connecticut Credits Available to Licensed Attorneys