September 20, 2012
Irvine, Calif. – JAMS, the largest private provider of mediation and arbitration services worldwide, is proud to announce that six of its panelists were selected as 2013 Best Lawyers “Lawyers of the Year.” The selected lawyers have earned a high level of respect among other leading lawyers in the same communities and practice areas for their abilities, professionalism and integrity.
- Howard S. Chasanow, Esq. was named the “Lawyer of the Year” in Washington D.C. in Mediation
- Richard Chernick, Esq. was named the “Lawyer of the Year” in Los Angeles in Mediation
- James E. McGuire, Esq. has been named the “Lawyer of the Year” in Boston in Arbitration
- Hon. Richard C. Neal (Ret.) was named the “Lawyer of the Year” in Los Angeles in Arbitration
- Margaret L. Shaw, Esq. was named the “Lawyer of the Year” in New York City in Mediation
- Hon. John K. Trotter, Jr. (Ret.) was named the “Lawyer of the Year” in Orange County in Mediation
“We’re honored that the legal community continues to recognize so many of our accomplished panelists,” said Chris Poole, JAMS president and CEO. “We’re proud to have such talented neutrals on our team.”
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
The lawyers honored with “Lawyers of the Year” were selected because they received particularly high ratings from most of their peers. The Best Lawyers in America now lists 43,477 attorneys in 138 legal practice areas – 14 additional practice areas since the 2011 edition.
About JAMS, The Resolution Experts
Founded in 1979, JAMS, The Resolution Experts is the largest private provider of mediation and arbitration services worldwide. With Resolution Centers nationwide and abroad, JAMS and its more than 280 exclusive neutrals are responsible for resolving thousands of the world’s important cases. JAMS may be reached at 800-352-5267.