Irvine, Calif. – JAMS, the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services worldwide, is pleased to announce that Best Lawyers® has recognized 10 of its neutrals as “Lawyers of the Year” and 59 neutrals as “Best Lawyers in America” for 2024.
The Best Lawyers in America© is a product of the collaborative efforts of Best Lawyers® and U.S. News & World Report to conduct exhaustive, peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
The neutrals honored with the “Lawyers of the Year” designation are selected for their exceptionally high rankings from their peers based on their abilities, professionalism and integrity. Only one individual in a given geographical region and practice area is selected for this recognition each year.
The following JAMS neutrals were honored as “Lawyers of the Year” for 2024.
- Gary B. Blum, Esq.,* for ethics and professional responsibility law and health care law in Denver
- Richard Chernick, Esq., for arbitration in Los Angeles
- David Geronemus, Esq., for mediation in New York City
- Kenneth C. Gibbs, Esq., for mediation in Los Angeles
- John W. Hinchey, Esq., for arbitration in Atlanta
- Lawrence R. Mills, Esq., for arbitration in San Francisco
- Hon. Stephen E. Neel (Ret.), for mediation in Boston
- Abby B. Silverman, Esq., for employment law – management in San Diego
- Patricia H. Thompson, Esq., for labor law – management in Miami
- Michael D. Young, Esq., for arbitration in New York City
“We are incredibly proud to again have such a strong group of neutrals recognized by Best Lawyers® as both ‘Lawyers of the Year’ as well as ‘Best Lawyers in America.’ We view this recognition as a testament to the hard work, creativity and diligence that JAMS neutrals channel in each case that they take on. We congratulate each of these honorees on this recognition,”
- Chris Poole, JAMS CEO
The following JAMS neutrals were recognized as “Best Lawyers in America” for 2024:
- Steven M. Bauer, Esq., FCIArb
- Jeffrey G. Benz, Esq., FCIArb, FCollArb, CEDS
- Hon. William L. Bettinelli (Ret.)
- Hon. Stanley F. Birch, Jr. (Ret.)
- Gary Birnberg, Esq., FCIArb
- Gary B. Blum, Esq.*
- Philip L. Bruner, Esq.
- Richard Chernick, Esq.
- Steven C. Choquette, Esq.*
- Zela G. Claiborne, Esq.
- Kathleen E. Craigmile, Esq.*
- Terrence Lee Croft, Esq.
- Robert B. Davidson, Esq., FCIArb
- Charles H. Dick, Jr., Esq., FCIArb
- Hon. Norman S. Fletcher (Ret.)
- Gary Fowler, Esq.
- Fern L. Frolin, Esq.
- David Geronemus, Esq.
- Kenneth C. Gibbs, Esq.
- Patricia K. Gillette, Esq.
- Joan C. Grafstein, Esq., FCIArb
- Shelby R. Grubbs, J.D., FCIArb
- Hugh E. Hackney, Esq.
- David T. Hamilton, Esq.
- John W. Hinchey, Esq.
- Eleissa C. Lavelle, Esq.
- Hon. Richard A. Levie (Ret.)
- Eric E. Van Loon, Esq.
- Hon. Harlan A. Martin (Former)
- James E. McGuire, Esq.
- Robert A. Meyer, Esq.
- Lawrence R. Mills, Esq.
- Cecilia H. Morgan, Esq.
- Hon. Stephen E. Neel (Ret.)
- Andrew D. Ness, Esq., FCIArb
- Lawrence W. Pollack, Esq.
- Clarence L. Pozza, Jr., Esq.
- Ronald Ravikoff, Esq.
- Hon. Ronald M. Sabraw (Ret.)
- Deborah Crandall Saxe, Esq.
- Abby B. Silverman, Esq.
- Hon. Scott J. Silverman (Ret.)
- Stephen P. Sonnenberg, Esq.
- Jerry Spolter, Esq.
- Hon. Steven J. Stone (Ret.)
- Hon. Dickran M. Tevrizian (Ret.)
- Patricia H. Thompson, Esq., FCIArb
- John W. Thornton
- Wayne Thorpe, Esq.
- Hon. Curtis E. von Kann (Ret.)
- Julia T. Waggener, Esq.*
- Maria C. Walsh, Esq.
- Hon. James Ware (Ret.)
- Hon. Daniel H. Weinstein (Ret.)
- Hon. Diane M. Welsh (Ret.)
- Hon. Rebecca Westerfield (Ret.)
- Bradley A. Winters, Esq.
- Michael D. Young, Esq.
- David M. Zacks, Esq.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves and manages business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways to overcome barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized in-person, virtual and hybrid resolution services locally and globally through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, the latest technology and highly trained mediators and arbitrators.
With a roster of over 400 neutrals and 30 locations, JAMS resolves thousands of the world’s important cases every year. JAMS neutrals are adept at managing the resolution process whether they are conducting in-person, virtual or hybrid hearings.
More information is available at www.jamsadr.com, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and our JAMS ADR blog. To learn about diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives at JAMS, visit www.jamsadr.com/diversity/.
* This panelist is with the JAMS Denver office, which is a licensee office.